Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Board Game Night Wine Cups

I'm gearing up for a casual board game night at my house.  I could just serve some appetizers and be done with it but, NO.  I cant help myself.  I love a theme. Plus I really like seeing people's faces when they know you've gone that extra mile to entertain them.
The first of crafts I am doing for game night is dice wine glasses I will post more as I do them. Hope they all turn out.
You will need:
Plastic tumblers (dollar store)
Plastic wine glasses, the kind you have to assemble  (dollar store) 
Pack of Dice (dollar store)
Industrial strength glue (I used E6000. I had some left over from some redneck wine glass project)



So easy.....add a dab (is that a southern word?) of adhesive and start stacking dice. 4 for each stem. I liked to mix colors so they look more game ish but you could do all white or  whatever suits you. Guest can distinguish their cup by the color pattern or the sum of the dice. Take your pick. For the bottom, glue the foot of the plastic wine glass to the last dice.


Next, I took a pack of napkins cause its what I had on hand and balanced it on top of each glass before glue set too much.  I figured if it cant balance something like that, it sure as heck ain't gonna hold any wine.



Here is the finished product.  Remember to let the glue dry as per instructions on the package.  Also, I'd give each glass a trial with water before pouring wine.  There is no sense wasting a good glass of wine or having to do all that cleaning simply because your glass wasn't balanced.



No comments :

Post a Comment