Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Lego Storage


When I saw this ecard, I knew it was describing me!  And it just so happens to describe my latest project too.  Jay loves his LEGOs.  And I love to see what he is building with them because it gives me some insight as to what's going on in that brain of his.  What I don't love is the mess that comes along with it.  All those colors mixed in together is madness!  And how in the world can you find what you're looking for? 

You know that feeling when you walk into the LEGO Store and see all the LEGOs divided by color? 





Well, that's what I wanted but a wall o' LEGOs wouldn't really work in my house.  And our LEGOs need to be able to be packed up and travel well.  So I found this at Lowe's.  It's the Kobalt 14 Compartment Organizer ($22.97).





It's great because it is really meant for tools or tool kind of stuff (you know what I mean!) so it is really heavy duty.  So I don't have to worry about it breaking or the latches opening while its being carried.  And all the individual containers are removable.  I also found these great stickers at Wal-Mart.  They came a set of folders with all of the school supplies.

I just sorted all the colors out first.  I had to combine so of the colors that we had less of and have two of some colors we had more of.  I love that the case had two larger containers.  I used one for all of the Lego Minifigures and  one for all of the car parts. 









And here's what it looked like about 30 seconds later.  See what I'm telling you?!?!?






No comments :

Post a Comment