Wednesday, October 9, 2013

We got "BOO"ed!!!

Wait a minute!  It's not as bad as it sounds.  Actually, it's really cute.  Late Friday night we heard the door bell ring in our new house.  Zoe and I went to the door to find a ghost!  Okay, so it was made out of poster board and taped to the front door but it wast still a ghost!  Along with some goodies and a cute poem.





Apparently, nice neighborhoods everywhere have been doing this for years.  We have just never had to the good fortune to live in one until now.  So the poem instructs that we have 48 hours to "BOO" someone else who does not  have a ghost on their front door.  You are supposed to leave their goodies on their front porch, tape a poster board ghost to their door, ring the door bell and then RUN!!!

Well, of course, I started to obsess about having the cutest "BOO" basket ever.  I don't know why I obsess about these things.  I guess I want people to think I am creative.  But the whole point is that you are not supposed to know who is "BOO"ing you!  Needless to say, this didn't stop me from obsessing about it. 

But the other thing I always obsess about this time of year is my friend Rosie's Caramel Apple Heath Bar Dip.  She made it three years ago and I still haven't been able to stop thinking about it.  Seriously, I wanted to go sit somewhere in a room by myself and eat all that dip!  I wish I had a picture of it for you because it was so pretty.  But she said it really simple to make.  Just spread a package of cream cheese in a round dish.  Then add the caramel apple dip and heath bar chips.  She cut up the apples and displayed them around it for dipping.

It is such a great combination so I thought it would make a great "BOO" basket.  And here's what you need to start the "BOO" in your neighborhood!

2 pieces of poster board
2 copies of the poem and directions below




 

And the stuff for your "BOO" basket.  Here is what I used.


I had some cake pop sticks left over from the last time I make them.  I taped them to the bags of caramels and heath bar chips and put them inside red treat bags (trying to make it look like candied apples).  I put it all together in black containers and added some ribbons that I had gotten from the Dollar Tree.


Then Jamie and Zoe had the fun job.  They snuck into neighbors' yards and left the goodies and ghosts on their front porch.  I can't wait to see how the ghosts spread all over the neighborhood!

Happy "BOO"ing!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment