Friday, May 8, 2015

Teacher Gifts


Here is just a quick little ditty about teacher gifts we did this year.  This year my daughter's school did away with the tradition on giving teachers one little gift every day.  And I, for one, was so thankful for that.  Instead, the PTA put on a luncheon for the teachers and parents could send in whatever they wanted.  Not that I don't love doing gifts for teachers.  Every teacher we've had has been amazing. But trying to find or make a small gift for every day that is meaningful but won't break the bank is tough.  And to make it more worrisome, my teacher friend told me once that she often ends up donating or her 101 coffee mugs, not eating her home made goodies, or re-gifting her carefully picked out candles.  I know she is grateful but a person only needs so many coffee mugs! So here is my effort to get them to love and keep their teacher gifts.



Zoe knew she wanted to do something with Diet Coke because her teacher loves it so much.  So she was looking online and found some great ideas.  Of course, we didn't have time to order it so we headed over to Joann's to get some supplies.  Within a couple of minutes, we found this little gem.  I think it was about $3.

The first thing we did was paint it all white.  Then we put some scrap booking letters on the sign, spray painted everything black.  Waiting for it to dry was the hardest part for Zoe.  Then she took all the letters off.


The letters we had were a little too big for the 3 bottom signs so I used a scrapbook stencil to make some smaller ones.


For Jay's teacher and para pros, I wanted to do something to help them relax this summer.  So I got them a beach towel, a cute little mason jar glass with matching tops and straws and put it all together in a collapsible cooler.  I know that would make me excited for some summer time fun.  So I hope they like it too!



I spent a whole lot less that I would have if I bought one little $5 present for each day and hopefully they like these presents more.  I think they do because Zoe's teacher already let me knw that she loved it and that another teacher wants to pay me to make her one!


No comments :

Post a Comment