Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Cookie night!




So if you know me at all, you know that cookies are my favorite surcie to give, receive, bake eat, bathe in...ok I can see that I've taken it too far.  But you see my point, I love them and so does my BFFL, Lori.  (Yes, I'm using a Housewives of New Jersey term and I love it)   My  other BFFL, Shannon, usually has half of a bite and says something like, 

"Ooh, that is too rich for me!"  

Huh?

I know, right!  I still think something is so wrong about that.  

Anyway, the night usually procedes in this way.  We have dinner, usually some yummy thing that my husband, Jamie, has bbq'd, grilled or smoked.  Then we get to what I consider the reason for eating dinner...cookies!

Usually the kids are hanging around in the kitchen while we are making them and dying to eat them.  So, needless to say the kids get the first couple of batches and Lori and I are just hoping there are some left for us.  But this time I got smart!  I doubled the recipe of two different kinds.

And I made the dough ahead of time!!!

What?!?!

Gasps...oohs and ahhs

I made regular old chocolate chip cookies for the kids and Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies for us earlier in the day!  Results = happy moms and happy kids!

The Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies were the real hit of the night!  Here is the recipe.

3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup salted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup of natural peanut butter, smooth
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/4 cup water
2 cups of Reese minis peanut butter cups
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.  Set aside.  Then combine the sugars, butter, peanut butter, and vanilla.  Add eggs one at a time.  Then add water.  Gradually add in the flour mixture.  Gently fold in the peanut butter cups and chocolate chips.  Bake for 8-10 minutes.

The best part is that there were plenty of cookies.  Everyone even took some home.  I always save those little containers that a side salad comes in in when you order pizza.  They make great "cookie doggie bags"!

 
 
So then Zoe decided that she needed to make a chocolate chip ice cream sandwich.  That's my girl!
 



No comments :

Post a Comment